General Practitioners and pediatricians in the Emilia-Romagna region can be found online. You’ll be required to find a doctor if you’re registering for the National Health Service / Servizio Sanitario Nazionale (SSN).

How to Get a Tessera Sanitaria?

Centro Unico Prenotazione (C.U.P.)

You can register for a doctor and your Tessera Sanitaria card at C.U.P. (Centro unico prenotazione) located at Via Montebello, 6, 40121 Bologna BO, Italy.

CUPWeb is the online reservation for specialist services in the Emilia-Romagna Region.

Dental Care

Servizio Sanitario Nazionale (SSN) provides only diagnostic and urgent treatment.

Private Healthcare and Insurance

The public health system is excellent but many Italians and expats often supplement their public healthcare with a private one as well. Dental care in particular is a popular reason for obtaining private health insurance. Priority treatment for various services is a huge bonus as well.

UniSalute offers private health insurance at a reasonable cost. If you’re interested, reach out to Nicolò dell’Olio at [email protected]. Nicolò speaks English and is happy to help. Bologna Living is not a partner of UniSalute.

Pronto Soccorso / Emergency Room

Emergency Phone Numbers

  • Ambulance Phone: 118
  • Fire service Phone: 115
  • Police Phone 112 (includes English speaking)
  • Carabinieri Phone: 113
  • Roadside assistance Phone: 116

About The Author

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top